When fast-track permitting is needed, the economic development staff helps speed up the project's completion. Businesses and their consulting representatives can meet with and ask questions directly to staff handling their projects to ensure the timely issuance of permits and project completion.
Georgia is a Right-to-Work State (LaGrange is > 99% non-union).
No Municipal Property Taxes
LaGrange is one of the few full-service cities in America that provides traditional government services without levying municipal ad valorem taxes on property owners.
100% Inventory Tax Exemption (‘Freeport’)
100% exemption (from ad valorem property taxes) on 3 types of inventory:
- Manufacturers raw material & goods in process inventory
- Finished goods held by the original manufacturer
- Finished goods destined to be shipped outside Georgia
- Roads: Interstates I-85 and I-185; US Highways 27 and 29
- Airports: Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and LaGrange-Callaway Airport
- CSX Rail Service
- Ports: Savannah (280 miles), Mobile (270 miles)